Are you looking for something fun to do with your kids in the Cairns area?
Made by parents, for parents, Cairns Kids Activities is designed for local families, visiting families, and those just moving to the area. Here you have a wealth of local knowledge at your fingertips.
Do add your comments about any activity, and if you have an activity or event to share, please let us know about it by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Listings are free so we can create a comprehensive guide to activities in the Cairns area.
How can I use this site?
You can search the site in a few different ways.
1. Below this text you will see 8 icons. Roll your mouse over each one and click if you are looking for that kind of activity.
2. The drop down menu above labelled 'things to do'... Here you can find activities by category
3. The drop down menu above labelled 'what's on'... Here you will find a calendar of family friendly events for the Cairns area
4. The drop down menu above labelled 'map'... Here you will find a map of the Cairns area. Simply click on an activity to the left and find out what is closest to you!
5. Use the 'Search' box in the upper right of the site for specific searches
Quickly find what you can do in Cairns with your kids
things to do for kids in Cairns
Tha Fish Restaurant
Award winning Seafood Restaurant in Far North Queensland. Tha Fish seafood restaurant is located in Cairns premier dining precinct at the Pier and offers you a relaxed dining experience and service with a smile.more info
Lake Placid Tourist Park
Welcome to Lake Placid Tourist Park Cairns. Lake Placid Tourist Park, a member of the Top Tourist Park chain, offers large caravan and tent sites as well as budget to luxury accommodation. Situated in a tropical, 14 acre rainforest resort setting, the big 4 star rated park is adjacent to the cool, crystal clear waters of Lake Placid, at the base of...more info
The Hotel Cairns
The Hotel Cairns is a boutique hotel centrally located in Cairns. The Hotel Cairns is perfectly and conveniently located - 10 minutes drive from the Airport and just minutes to shops and eateries in Cairns’ CBD . The hotel is reminiscent of the tropical 'Queenslander' style properties that provides a true experience and tropical ambience in a bou...more info
Mantra Aqueous on Port
Encompassing all Port Douglas has to offer, Mantra Aqueous on Port is the ideal location for couples, families & honeymooners. Situated in the heart of the village centre of Port Douglas lies one of the most fashionable resort destination in Tropical North Queensland.more info